Welcome all readers! Our book discussion group is in its 19th season! Please click here for a list of all the books chosen over the years.
Multiple copies of the discussion books are available upstairs in the Adult library any time after the previous month’s discussion. The group meets at 6:30 PM in the downstairs meeting room once each month, except July. In August, there is a planning meeting to choose the titles for the next 10 months.
Light refreshments are served at each meeting. The group is coordinated, moderated, and inspired by local author and editor, Melissa Hayes. Group members lead individual discussions.
2017-2018 Book Discussion Schedule:
- September 19, 2017: Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance (led by Linda Wagner and Missy Hayes)
- October 17, 2017: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (led by Janice and John Knudsen)
- November 14, 2017: Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet by Stephanie Cowell (led by Kathy Burke)
- December 19, 2017: Dinner with Edward: A Story of an Unexpected Friendship by Isabel Vincent (led by Julie Culp)
- January 16, 2018: From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon (led by Jan Simblist)
- February 20, 2018: The Siege by Helen Dunmore (led by Amy Harris)
- March 20, 2018: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles (led by Michael Harris)
- April 17, 2018: ~Author Visit~ Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks (led by Linda Wallace)
- May 15, 2018: A Furnace Afloat: The Wreck of the Hornet and the Harrowing 4,300-Mile Voyage of Its Survivors by Joe Jackson (led by Art Wallace)
- June 19, 2018: Special Summer Book Talk Session and Celebration of the Group’s Twentieth Anniversary!
- August 21, 2018: PLANNING MEETING for 2018-2019 schedule