Welcome all readers! Our book discussion group is in its 20th season! Please click here for a list of all the books chosen over the years.
Multiple copies of the discussion books are available upstairs in the Adult library any time after the previous month’s discussion. The group meets at 6:30 PM in the downstairs meeting room once each month, except July. In August, there is a planning meeting to choose the titles for the next 10 months.
Light refreshments are served at each meeting. The group is coordinated, moderated, and inspired by local author and editor, Melissa Hayes. Group members lead individual discussions.
2018-2019 Book Discussion Schedule
September 18, 2018: All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque (led by John Knudsen) October 16, 2018: News of the World: A Novel by Paulette Jiles (co-led by the book group) November 13, 2018: The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women by Kate Moore (led by Linda Wallace) December 18, 2018: Uncommon Type: Some Stories by Tom Hanks (led Melissa Hayes)
- January 15, 2019: Beartown: A Novel by Fredrik Backman (led by Rick and Sue Kane)
- February 29, 2019: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman (led by Julie Culp)
- March 19, 2019: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah (led by Jan Simblist)
- April 16, 2019: The Seven Daughters of Eve: The Science that Reveals Our Genetic Ancestry by Bryan Sykes (led by Matt Earls)
- May 21, 2019: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto: A Novel by Mitch Albom (led by Art Wallace)
- June 18, 2019: BOOK TALK: Sharing Recommendations
- August 20, 2019: PLANNING MEETING for 2019–20 schedule