Welcome all readers! Our book discussion group is in its 20th season! Please click here for a list of all the books chosen over the years.
Multiple copies of the discussion books are available upstairs in the Adult library any time after the previous month’s discussion. The group meets at 6:30 PM in the downstairs meeting room once each month, except July. In August, there is a planning meeting to choose the titles for the next 10 months.
Light refreshments are served at each meeting. The group is coordinated, moderated, and inspired by local author and editor, Melissa Hayes. Group members lead individual discussions.
2019-2020 Book Discussion Schedule
- September 16, 2019: CLASSICS MONTH: The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck (led by Janice Knudsen and Missy Hayes)
- October 15, 2019: The Library Book by Susan Orlean (led by Matt Earls)
- November 19, 2019: AUTHOR EVENT: Last Christmas in Paris by Heather Webb (led by author Heather Webb, arranged by Julie Culp)
- December 17, 2019: How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novelby Louise Penny (led by Jan Simblist)
- January 21, 2020: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (led by Joyce Teed)
- February 18, 2020: A Dog’s Way Home by W. Bruce Cameron (led by Art Wallace)
- March 17, 2020: COMBINED JTL BOOK GROUP AND LHS HISTORY BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: God, War, and Providence: The Epic Struggle of Roger Williams and the Narragansett Indians Against the Puritans of New England by James A. Warren (led by Rick Kane)
- April 21, 2020: A Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel (led by Linda Wallace)
- May 19, 2020: Harry’s Trees by Jon Cohen (led by Julie Culp)
- June 16, 2020: BOOK TALK: Sharing Recommendations and choosing September selection, for Classics Month
- August 18, 2020: PLANNING MEETING for 2020–21 schedule