Please subscribe to the JTL email list and receive news about library programs in your inbox.
At the direction of the First Selectman, The Jonathan Trumbull Library will be closed until April 30, 2020. We will keep you informed through our website, email and social media accounts.
Overdue fines for currently borrowed materials will be waived until two weeks after the library reopens. The book drop is temporarily closed. Books and DVDs that have been returned in the drop may still show as checked out to your account for up to three weeks, but the fines will be removed.
April is National Poetry Month!
At the end of the month, share your favorite with the JTL community on the discussion page of our Poem in your Pocket Facebook event.
- To download eBooks and audiobooks from OverDrive simply click the link above.
- Select your home library from the drop down menu and enter the number found on the back of your library card.
- You can now search for all the ebooks and audiobooks available in our digital collection.
- You may now borrow any available titles by clicking “Borrow” or place holds on popular titles by clicking “Place a Hold.”
- You have the option of reading or listening right in your browser window or downloading the content to a mobile device (tablet, phone, etc.)
- Access OverDrive Instructional Brochures for help getting content onto your specific device.
- Read instructions for Getting Started with OverDrive.
- Meet Libby, an additional app from OverDrive for reading ebooks and listening to audiobooks from your local library. Libby is available for iOS, Android, and Windows10 devices.
- Download the Libby app.
- RBdigital Magazines, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps.
- Jonathan Trumbull Library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- If you can’t find an eBook or audiobook through OverDrive, you may try looking at researchIT CT’s downloadable eAudio & eBook service.
- Create a user name and password and use ctstatelib20 for the access code.
- Once you create an account, you may access the books you borrow using the same RB digital app that you use to read digital magazines from our library.